Every five years DGA hires an independent firm to conduct an anonymous survey and interviews with our clients from around the globe. This graph shows consistently favorable views among our clients in 2013 and 2018.
"I've consistently found Mr. Grace's work to be high quality, on-time and of great benefit for the recipients."
Financial Sector Advisor, IMF
International Financial Institutions
REGULATION & SUPERVISION ♦ FINANCIAL INCLUSION POLICY ♦ DEVELOPMENT
Our clients include international financial institutions, cooperative associations and financial sector think tanks.
Financial Sector Think Tanks
Assignments with the World Bank include:
- Strategic options for strengthening financial cooperatives in South Africa. 2020 - 21.
- Lead consultant for the establishment and start up on the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority. 2016-19
- Establishing a market conduct supervision unit within the Central Bank of Lesotho, amending the MFI regulations and developing a national policy and legislation on financial consumer protection. 2016-2021.
- Lead consultant for the financial sector strategy in Sao Tome & Principe. 2015.
- Leading a Financial Sector Development Plan for Swaziland. 2014-15.
- Drafting the National Financial Inclusion Strategy for Paraguay. 2014.
- Restructuring a systemically important financial cooperative in the Caribbean. 2013.
- Assessed consumer protections among microfinance institutions/SACCOs in Rwanda and advised the central bank on areas for improvement. Summer 2013.
- Development of a Savings and Credit Cooperative (SACCO) Risk-Based Supervisory program for the National Bank of Rwanda. 2011-2012.
- Establishing a national Credit Union for Public Sector Workers in Zambia. Fall 2012 - 2013.
Assignments with the IMF include:
- Training credit union supervisors in the Caribbean on regulation and supervision. 2021.
- Training of IMF staff on financial cooperatives and MFIs during its Summer Institute. 2017.
- Assessment of non-bank regulator in the Caribbean. Spring 2015.
- Review of credit union legislation and regulations in the Caribbean. Spring 2015.
- Financial analysis training for credit union supervisors at the Central Bank of Haiti. Winter 2014.
- Designing the country's first deposit insurance system for the Central Bank van Suriname. 2013.
- Capacity Building & Joint Exams with the Financial Services Regulatory Commission of St. Kitts & Nevis. Summer 2012.
- Assessment of the Financial Services Commission (FSC), Barbados. Summer 2012.
- Evaluation of the Largest Credit Unions and Building Societies. Winter 2012.
- Review of Credit Union Supervision by the Central Bank of Belize. Fall 2011.
Assignments with the Asian Development Bank:
- Growing the microfinance market and consumer protection environment as ADB's Financial Inclusion Adviser for Myanmar. 2014-2021.
- Training financial cooperative board members in Thailand. 2020.
- Designing and conducting due diligence on MFIs and banks seeking to be part of a ADB's credit guarantee fund in Myanmar. 2018-19.
- Developed financial inclusion strategy for Azerbaijan based and authored report on finding from the national financial inclusion survey. 2016-17.
Assignment with CGAP include:
- Research how to adapt deposit insurance for digital financial services and mobile money. 2014-15.
Assignment with European Union include:
- Implementation of SupTech requirements and risk-based supervision with the Palestine Monetary Authority. 2019-20.
- Development of the National Financial Inclusion Strategy for the Central Bank of Egypt. 2020-21
Assignments with the United Nations include:
- Developing the first ever Global Census on Cooperatives which seeks to capture every cooperative or mutual across all countries and sectors. 2013-14.
- Conducted needs analysis of a financial cooperative law in Lesotho and drafting framework for legislation. Spring 2013 & 2015.
Assignments with the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank include:
- Developing tools, training supervisors and conducting joint exams of credit unions via a World Bank-funded program. 2012-2013.
- Training credit unions in the sector of implementation of reporting forms. 2015.
Assignments with the Alliance for Financial Inclusion:
- Facilitated and authored the National Financial Inclusion Strategy for the Bank of Uganda. 2016-17.
- Conducting a global survey on non-bank financial institutions' access to components of the financial infrastructure and how such access could propel financial inclusion. Summer 2013.
- Advised the People Bank of China and the regulatory environment for non-banks in the U.S. and led their exchange visit to Washington, D.C. Winter 2013.
Assignment with Financial Sector Deepening Trust:
- Designing a wholesale central finance facility for savings and credit cooperatives in Kenya. 2015-17.
Assignment with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation:
- Evaluated and developed for the Central Bank of Nigeria a set of consumer protection reforms for the mobile money market.
Assignments with the Center for Financial Inclusion include:
- Leading a revision to the Smart Campaign certification standards related to savings products. 2014.
- Co-chair of consumer protection working group as part of global Financial Inclusion 2020 Campaign. 2012-2013
- Representing CFI at on the Consumer Protection Working Group at the Alliance for Financial Inclusion and guest blogging. Fall 2012.
Assignments with Filene Research Institute include:
Assignment for CoBank:
- Compared CoBank's capital structure under Basel III to leading financial cooperatives in Europe, Canada and Australia. At $95 billion in assets CoBank is the largest cooperative bank in the U.S.
Assignments for Abacaus - Australian Mutuals include:
- International comparison of cooperative bank regulatory structures in Europe, North America and Australia as part of industry's response to Parliament on the Financial System Inquiry. Winter 2014.
- Led study tour to Basel, Brussels and Netherlands investigating European cooperative bank capital requirements. Summer 2012.
- Creating capital instruments that meet Basel III requirements for core capital. Spring 2012.
- Translating Basel III into understandable language for CEOs and chairpersons of the largest mutual financial institutions in Australia. Spring 2012.
Assignments with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) include:
- Under a tight deadline delivered alternative liquidity mechanisms for U.S. credit unions. Winter 2012.
- Developed video blogs for Credit Union Magazine in the U.S. via a segment called PlanetCUNA.
Assignment for the Association of British Credit Unions (ABCUL) includes:
- Facilitated a British industry-wide strategic dialogue on how to modernize services through collaboration. 2012.